Friday, September 05, 2008

September 5th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Reunion

Readings of the Day
John 11.1-27-So the sisters sent a message to Jesus, "Lord, he whom you love is ill." But when Jesus heard it, he said, "This illness does not lead to death; rather it is for God's glory, so that the Son of God may be glorified through it."
2 Chronicles 10-11-But he rejected the advice that the older men gave him, and consulted the young men who had grown up with him and now attended him.
Psalm 75-We give thanks to you, O God; we give thanks; your name is near. People tell of your wondrous deeds.
Romans 10:15b-21-So faith come from what is heard, and what is heard comes through the word of Christ.

God's Word of the Day
Listen to the Word, have faith and live, for you are loved.

Story of the Day
He had grown old. When young, he was playful and loyal. But now he had grown old. At times he could become quick tempered. Sometimes he would even snap at you expectantly. He had grown old and lumps and bumps were forming in places that aggravated his comfort. So he did the best he could. He was as loyal as possible considering how uncomfortable his body was making him, he remained loyal. He had grown old and knew of the ways of the world. He had experienced life and knew what life was about. In all this he had wisdom and age and experience. He had grown old and life was closing. When young, he was playful and loyal. When old, he was in pain yet still loyal in a different way. He had grown old, but was still dearly loved.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, we grow old. But old in the sight of whom? You teach us life. You lead us in Your Wisdom. Let me impart Your Wisdom to those You give to me this day. Let me be open to the Wisdom You choose to give through others this day to me. Let me hear Your Voice of Love while I wait in the tomb of my sinful death for that Life only You can give and restore. Bring me out of my tomb of sin to Life in You. Let me heed the advice of the wise old men and discern the advice of the young, hearing Your Voice from each. I know of Your Love even when I'm in the grasp of sin, death and illness. Bring Your glory to the situations I am placed in, and let my life honor You so that You may be glorified in my life. For You are always near and I will daily tell of Your wondrous deeds. ---Amen

No comments: