Sunday, September 14, 2008

September 14th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Break bread together

Readings of the Day
John 16.4b-33-In the world you face persecution. But take courage; I have conquered the world!
2 Chronicles 24-All the leaders and all the people rejoiced and brought their tax and dropped it into the chest until it was full.
Psalm 81-I would feed you with the finest of the wheat, and with honey from the rock I would satisfy you.
John 3:13-17-"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life. Indeed, God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him."

God's Word of the Day
Lift high the cross. I have won the victory. Unite in Me and My Son.

Story of the Day
There I was so high up in the sky that I thought I couldn't get any higher. Then it happened. A great flash of bright light. I looked around and saw a small speck of dust nearby. We clung together this speck of dust and I. We began to fall a great distance. I could see the earth below coming closer and closer. We fell through some clouds and then just as quickly towards the earth. As I saw the trees below, I wondered where my partner and I would land. Then we we hit the trees and tumbled off several leaves and branches, hit a few boulders and some rocks and fell into a fast moving stream of water. Once in the water, I and the water united as one and became this large body of flowing water in a stream. I moved along this stream until we came to drop off. As I went over the drop off, I hit another rock and flew out of the unity of the stream as a single droplet of water. Some of the other water around me flew off as droplets, others separated as mist and still others remained united with the main body of water. Then I reunited with the stream of water after tumbling over some boulders. Then we all came to a calm body of water. Here we languished and relaxed for quite some time. We were calm and life was wonderful and slowly we moved forward towards another stream the led peacefully through the pasture valley. Our journey would continue on. We would bring life to animals, people, and all creation. Parts of us would separate in a cloud and at some point we would repeat the cycle. A never ending cycle of unity that brought life.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, You sent Your Son as the Bread of Life into this world to save and sustain us. Just as a droplet of water and Your Word and Promise brings Life in baptism, so I ask this day that You would unite me with You and You with this world. I believe in You and Your Son; that You came into this world to bring Life. You have given me Life and I will live it in joyful abundance. You have promised eternal life and it has begun. Thanks! Your Son is that finest wheat, that Bread of Life, Life covered with the blessing and the sweetness of honey that satisfies all of my desires. Your blessings are numerous and wonderful. Sustain me in the tough and tumble times and keep me united with Your Church and with You. All this I ask and pray in the name of the Bread of Life, the Everliving Water, Jesus Christ, Lord and Savior. ---Amen

No comments: