Thursday, September 04, 2008

September 4th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Prayer

Readings of the Day
John 10.22-42-My sheep hear my voice. I know them and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one will snatch them out of my hand.
2 Chronicles 9-Happy are your people! Happy are these your servants, who continually attend you and hear your wisdom! Blessed be the LORD your God, who has delighted in you and set you on his throne as king for the LORD your God. Because your God loved Israel and would establish them forever, he has made you king over them, that you may execute justice and righteousness.
Psalm 74-Yet God my King is from of old, working salvation in the earth.
2 Corinthians 12.11-21-Everything we do, beloved, is for the sake of building you up.

God's Word of the Day
I know you and you know Me. Listen and I will build you up and make you happy.

Story of the Day
There we were, all in the same boat. A row of us facing backwards. We couldn't even see where we were going. The row of us did all the work. At least we did all of the physical work. In front of us was one person who could see where we were going. She was facing forward, and we were facing backwards. She didn't help row in any way. But she was so needed. She kept time for us. She commanded us to row. She gave us direction. She was the only one who could see our destination. We depended totally on her voice and her command. We knew the sound of her voice and listened and obeyed her command. We worked as hard as she wanted us to work. In time and together, we rowed to her command and reached the finish line in sync and happy.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, You know me and I know You. I listen for Your voice and command this day. I will follow Your lead. I know You have the plan and am overjoyed with happiness that You have decided to include me in Your plan this day. I come out to play with You in Your Kingdom today, tomorrow and into eternity, knowing You are my lead and guide and way. I come with You knowing that You build me up and renew me and bring laughter and joy and happiness into my life. You answer prayer and deliver me from evil. You save me from my sinful self, and death. You are the source of all wisdom and strength. You are my Savior, working salvation on all the earth! ---Amen

No comments: