Monday, September 22, 2008

September 22nd - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Clean up

Readings of the Day
John 21-Jesus said to them, "Come and have breakfast."
2 Chronicles 33-While he was in distress he entreated the favor of the LORD his God and humbled himself greatly before the God of his ancestors. He prayed to him, and God received his entreaty, heard his plea, and restored him again to Jerusalem and to his kingdom. Then Manasseh knew that the LORD indeed was God.
Psalm 89.1-18-I declare that your steadfast love is established forever; your faithfulness is as firm as the heavens.
Genesis 27.1-29-Then prepare for me savory food, such as I like, and bring it to me to eat, so that I may bless you before I die.

God's Word of the Day
I have prepared a savory breakfast for you. Eat fish and break bread with me, then serve faithfully in My Kingdom.

Story of the Day
The hike from the day before on the Appalachian Trail was a hard leg to hike. It seemed that it was mostly an uphill climb. But we had survived. Today would bring a more level hike of this long but popular trail. When we arose one of our mates had already prepared a breakfast. Breakfast was so sweet that day. We were really hungry from the day before and looked forward to the food. The bread was especially sweet that day as we broke it together and conversed what had just taken place. We had survived the toughest leg of the trail and looked forward to a wonderful day. A day when we would see the sights from the heights of the mountains. A day that the sun would shine brightly on our lives. A day that would be a reward for the struggle of the day before. Sure there would be some more struggles to come. Sure someone would surely suffer from some future and present blisters. But today we would revel in God's creation and enjoy. We would see God active all around. We would feel His presence in creation and begin to glimpse His awesome power. This was a day to clean up our lives and know God. This was a day to be humble in His presence. This was the day after the struggle, where our eyes would open to Him and all He does in our lives. This was a new day. This was a day of transformation. A day that we would change into what God wishes for us to be. This was a day to be faithful to God and realize His impact in life. The struggle was hard but the reward was even greater. The reward was more than could ever be imagined or deserved. This was the day into eternity with our Savior.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, You humble me. You come to me and prepare a wonderful breakfast of fish and bread. You bring forth the blessing of plenteous fish which I can't even bring in. You are my source of Life. You are my God and my Savior. As I go through this day, from early morning to late in the evening, keep my eyes open to You. Keep me in Your path and teach me the attributes You would wish me to transform into. Make me more like You. ---Amen

No comments: