Tuesday, September 23, 2008

September 23rd - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
A fresh start

Readings of the Day
1 John 1-If we confess our sins, he who is faithful and just will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from unrighteousness.
2 Chronicles 34-All his days they did not turn away from following the LORD the God of their ancestors.
Psalm 89.19-37-I will establish his line forever, and his throne as long as the heavens endure.
Genesis 28.10-17-Know that I am with you and will keep you wherever you go...

God's Word of the Day
Confess your sin each and every day and I will give you a new start, for I am with you always wherever you go to lead and guide you.

Story of the Day
So there I was. Alone and standing still. I wasn't doing anything at the time. Then a Fire from above came to me. It came close to me. I could feel the heat as it approached. It came so close that the heat lit me on fire. I was grounded in some sticky substance that melted around the heat. The flame approached and I was set ablaze. Ablaze in the very same fire that came to me. I danced for joy as I lit up the night. This Fire that came to me that night radiated from me and lit up the darkness of my world. It gave light to all those around. It's heat melted the wax that surrounded me. As the wax disappeared, the Light continued to glow from me. I became something different. I became something new. I was transformed from standing still, to giving off the Light. It was a wonderful calling. It was a joyous job. It was Life burning in and through me. So there I was. Alone and standing still. Then a Fire from above came to me. Thanks be to God!

Prayer of the Day
Send now the Fire of Your Spirit Lord that it may burn within me. Light up my life that I may be transformed into Your likeness. Permit me to glow in the joy of salvation. As I confess my sin, send forgiveness, send direction, and set me ablaze in action for You. I turn my face to You and seek to always follow Your Truth, knowing that You are with me wherever I go. ---Amen

No comments: