Monday, September 29, 2008

September 29th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Hope

Readings of the Day
3 John-I have much to write to you, but I would rather not write with pen and ink; instead I hope to see you soon, and we will talk together face to face.
Ezra 7-8-Whatever is commanded by the God of heaven, let it be done with zeal for the house of the God of heaven...
Psalm 94-But the LORD has become my stronghold, and my God the rock of my refuge.
Revelation 12.7-12-Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Messiah...

God's Word of the Day
Place your hope in me for salvation is in my Son.

Story of the Day
There was a conversation that day between Hope and Faith. Hope contended that he was needed in order for Faith to exist. Faith contended that he was needed for Hope to exits. Hope explained that he was needed because things just weren't quite right yet. Things on the earth needed to be fulfilled and made right. We needed Hope to exist so that we had something to look forward to. We needed Hope knowing that with Hope we would have Faith. Faith argued that he was needed in order for us to accept Hope that things would be fulfilled one day. And that's when Love stepped into the conversation. Love pointed out that He in fact, was the one that made both Hope and Faith possible. Love was the action and fulfillment of the Hope and Faith that we needed all along. So there they were all together. Hope and Faith were face to face with Love. Love made Hope and Faith respond with zeal and passion. Love was the salvation of Hope and Faith. Hope and Faith were now disciples of Love. Through Hope and Faith the worship began to be made perfect by the action of Love. There they were; Hope, Faith and Love, and the greatest of these was Love.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, in the hope and faith, You have graciously provided, may I respond in zealous action with the Love of Christ in my heart. Show me the way to compassion and understanding and action this day for You and all those You give to me. Let me reflect Your hope through faith in Love. For You are salvation. May I join in with all the angels in a hymn of everlasting praise to You, our God and King and Savior, now and forever. ---Amen

No comments: