Monday, September 08, 2008

September 8th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Strength

Readings of the Day
John 12.27-50-Whoever serves me must follow me, and where I am, there will my servant also be.
2 Chronicles 16-17-For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the entire earth, to strengthen those whose heart is true to him.
Psalm 78.1-20-...we will tell to the coming generation the glorious deeds of the LORD, and his might, and the wonders that he has done.
Leviticus 4:27-31; 5:14-16-Thus the priest shall make atonement on your behalf, and you shall be forgiven.

God's Word of the Day
Your strength is in Me and Me alone. Now go in service, strong, and forgiven, and walk by My side.

Story of the Day
He was in all the movies. He was always the hero. He would always win the battle. He was strong and hansom. He was every one's hero. He was in all the "blab" sheets as being great. He was awesome. Then the news broke. He was arrested. Arrested for something you couldn't believe a hero would do. Arrested and placed in jail. He was convicted of his crime. He was sentenced to pay the price. He paid the price and returned to society. He was humble. He was honest. He was transparent. He lived differently now. He was changed. He was good. He was now a servant. He was on a mission. He was living fully. He followed a hero. He was forgiven. He was saved. He was strong in a better way.

Prayer of the Day
My Great High Priest, my Lord, my Savior, Jesus; thank You for coming into this world. Thank You for coming into my life. Thank You for taking on my sin and making atonement on my behalf that I may be forgiven. You have freed me from my sinful self. You have freed me from the clutches of sin. You have freed me from death. You have freed me to live a life by Your side. You have freed me to serve You and all those You give to me. Keep my heart true to You and You alone. A let me tell future generations of Your mighty acts, Your mighty deeds, Your mighty love, Your mighty compassion, Your mighty suffering, and Your mighty grace; that all may know the wonders You have done. You alone are my strength. Send me this day, my Lord, my Savior, my Hero, in Your strength, to joyfully serve You in Your Kingdom. ---Amen

No comments: