Monday, November 10, 2008

November 10th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Travel

Readings of the Day
Titus 2-...while we wait for the blessed hope and the manifestation of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Jeremiah 15-16-Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart; for I am called by your name, O LORD, God of hosts.
Psalm 126-The LORD has done great things for us, and we rejoiced.
Amos 8.7-14-The time is surely coming...

God's Word of the Day
The time is coming when I will set things straight, let My Word be joy in your mouth.

Story of the Day
There we were, crowded onto an airplane. Our flight was running late. The passengers around me were becoming upset. We would miss our connecting flight and have to wait for the next one. So many things were out of my control. All I could do was wait for the outcome and trust my travel plans would proceed without much further delay. I needed a change of mind and attitude. Then I saw a baby in the seat next to me. She didn't have a worry. It didn't bother her that our connecting flight would be missed. She was content with some food and some love. She had the attitude that I needed. So I took on her attitude. I became joyous in the moment. I saw this as an opportunity to make conversation. I spoke with those around me. All of this not only helped me, but it made it easier on those around me. We began to deal with the moment and appreciate the situation all of us were in. Knowing that what would take place would take place anyway, I became one with the moment and had joy in the now and hope in the future.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, teach me to cherish the "now" and find hope in the future in You. For I know that there will be a time when You will come and set things straight. But for now, You are with me, and I can find joy in You. Feed me Your Word and make it one with me. As I digest Your Word, may it nourish my soul. Show me the way to deal with each moment as the cherished gift You chose to give. May I be content with some Food and some Love now and forever. ---Amen

No comments: