Friday, November 14, 2008

November 14th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Home

Readings of the Day
James 2-So faith by itself, if it has now works, is dead.
Jeremiah 23-24-I will give them a heart to know that I am the LORD; and they shall be my people and I will be their God, for they shall return to me with their whole heart.
Psalm 130-I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than those who watch for the morning, more than those who watch for the morning.
Revelation 16.8-21-"See, I am coming like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake and is clothed, not going about naked and exposed to shame."

God's Word of the Day
You will know me from the heart and I will be at home with you.

Story of the Day
We could hear the bombs falling outside. Our country was under attack. Political forces were in opposition to one another and we were the ones in danger. So much destruction. Fires, power outages, pain and death all around us. But we stayed in our home. Moved to the heart of the home and stayed put until this bombing would cease. There would be future bombings, but for now all we could do was seek protection in our house. Seek protection in our home. Seek protection in the love we have for one another, right here in the heart of our home. We stayed awake and waited for all of this to cease. We waited in faith that one day all things would be made right again. After all of this was done we began to work for our neighbor. We worked to rebuild and restore. We worked to reconcile differences in governments. After waiting it out we all went to work in faith; awake to the realities of this world. We went to work in hopes that better things were to come. In faith we went to work.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, as we wait out the evil of this world, come into the heart of our homes. Come into the very center, the gut and the heart of our very beings as we wait. May we wait for Your presence in hope and anticipation of the glory to come. As we wait, stir us with direction to action for You in our world. Stir a passion for the right and just in this world. As we wait in faith and hope bring us to be active in the works You have planned for us to do, today, tomorrow and into eternity. ---Amen

No comments: