Monday, November 17, 2008

November 16th-17th - Let's Play!

Theme
Moving on

Readings
James 4-5-Be patient, therefore, beloved, until the coming of the Lord.
Jeremiah 27-30-For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the LORD, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart, I will let you find me, says the LORD, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, says the LORD, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.
Psalm 132-There I will cause a horn to sprout up for David; I have prepared a lamp for my anointed one.
Psalm 133-For there the LORD ordained his blessing, life forevermore.

God's Word
Move with me in My will and way.

Story
As our spaceship sped along, we became impatient. We wanted so reach our destination of Mars, but it seemed to be taking so long. Being stuck inside this ship was beginning to rub the nerves of all three of us. We were not getting along all the well either. It was at this point in the trip that our training instructor told us that we would need patience more than anything else. We would need to concentrate on our work at hand. We would need to focus on the goal of our journey and see the need for the tedious tasks we were doing at this moment and how those tasks fit into the plan of the larger journey. We were told to take a break at this point of the journey and focus on the goal. We were told to stop our work and get together and talk of the future. We were instructed and taught to review the entire plan and see the accomplishments we had made up to this point. So we did. We stopped and came together. We reflected on the past and we looked to the future. We looked to the goal and saw that the work we had to do now and into the future was vitally important. We became energized once again to go back to work and to focus ahead as we realized the blessings of what was behind. It was now time to move on. Move on towards our goal and mission of Mars. It was time! And we were excited about it all.

Prayer
Lord, Your blessings are awesome. As I reflect on this past year, I see You active in my life. I see Your blessings. I see the struggle of the journey, that's for sure, but in the journey, I see Your blessings. Now, as I focus on the remainder of this year, I'm excited about the plans You have for me and all that You bring. Light my way in Your Kingdom. Walk with me in Your Kingdom, right into the future You have planned, I pray. ---Amen

No comments: