Saturday, November 15, 2008

November 15th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Freedom

Readings of the day
James 3-But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without a trace of partiality or hypocrisy.
Jeremiah 25-26-The LORD will roar from on high, and from his holy habitation utter his voice; he will roar mightily against his fold, and shout, like those who tread grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth.
Psalm 131-O LORD, my heart is not lifted up, my eyes are not raised too high; I do not occupy myself with things too great and too marvelous for me.
Psalm 90.1-12-...from everlasting to everlasting you are God.

God's Word of the Day
I am eternal. I am everlasting. Know that I am your God.

Story of the Day
I was humbled by the power and strength. As I witnessed the engine start up the noise became deafening. Then as I saw the jet in flight and the flames coming from the engine with afterburners fired; I was humbled by the power and strength. Likewise as I stood in the wind that day and the cold beat upon my face, I felt the sting and pain of coldness deep within my bones. I was humbled by the power and strength. As I peered into the microscope at something the naked eye couldn't see; I was humbled by the power and strength of the lens to reveal a whole new world. And as I stared into the night sky and saw an infinite amount of stars and their light; I was humbled by the power and strength. A Creator with such wisdom and strength that exists from everlasting to everlasting brings cause to pause and to be humble. I was humbled by the power and the strength; yet free to worship and adore a Creator, a Savior, a Spirit that exists from everlasting to everlasting.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, You blow my mind! I can't take it all in. But with what I can take in, I give You all praise and honor and glory, now and forever! ---Amen

No comments: