Tuesday, November 11, 2008

November 11th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Relief

Readings of the Day
Titus 3-Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work, to speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show every courtesy to everyone.
Jeremiah 17-18-Blessed are those who trust in the LORD, whose trust is the LORD. They shall be like a tree planted by water, sending out its roots by the stream.
Psalm 127-Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain.
Joel 1.1-14-Sanctify a fast, call a solemn assembly. Gather the elders and all the inhabitants of the land to the house of the LORD your God, and cry out to the LORD.

God's Word of the Day
Your relief is in Me. Come into My house and be fruitful.

Story of the Day
I thought I was to the point that I could stretch no further. I was pulled apart and then double and tripled over. I was so tight that I thought I was about to break. For a while I was doing the job I was given to do. I was holding that paper into a tight wad. Then I was thrown through the air. Thrown and then fell to the hard and cold concrete. I lay there all morning, until the sun came up. Then I was picked up and pulled into the warmth of a home. I was stretched even further, then relief came at last. My job for now was complete. The paper unrolled and I was placed aside. Whew! What a relief! The strain was off! I had served my purpose for now. I had done the job I was called to do.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, as You send me out this day, may I be ready to do the good work You call me to do. Cleanse me daily in Your baptismal waters that I may be prepared to serve You as You call me. Build my strength that I may serve dutifully. And at the end of the day, provide the relief and restoration that I need so that I may be refreshed to serve in Your Kingdom for another day. ---Amen

No comments: