Friday, November 07, 2008

November 7th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Do it over

Readings of the Day
2 Timothy 3-All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, so that everyone who belongs to God may be proficient, equipped for every good work.
Jeremiah 9-10-I know, O LORD, that the way of human beings is not in their control, that mortals as they walk cannot direct their steps.
Psalm 123-To you I lift my eyes, O you who are enthroned in the heavens!
Revelation 9.13-21-And they did not repent of their murders or their sorceries or their fornication or their thefts.

God's Word of the Day
Learn from Me, learn from My Word, repent and turn to Me, lift your eyes My way!

Story of the Day
We tried to rob the bank. We had prepared our disguises. We had set the time, the date, the method of the break-in, the escape. It had taken a year to come up with the plan. The time was right to take action. So we conducted the planned robbery of the bank. One small detail was left out. The bank owners had newly installed cameras. The old cameras were still in place, but the new cameras were added. They weren't in the places we had expected. So we were caught on film. Enough information for the police and detectives to track our escape vehicle down. We were caught. We were brought in. We confessed. I know what I did was wrong. While in prison I turned from my sin and lifted my eyes to my only salvation. Sure I would pay for my crime and spend my time in prison. However, I knew of a freedom. I knew of a focus. I knew of my God and Savior. We tried to rob the bank and were given life salvation instead of money. Thanks be to God!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I turn this day and lift my eyes to You. Forgive my sinfulness. Forgive my sins. My only hope is in You. Today I lift my eyes to You. Today I turn to Your Word and seek forgiveness and salvation. Your plans become my plans. I lift my eyes to You. ---Amen

No comments: