Thursday, November 06, 2008

November 6th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Perseverance

Readings of the Day
2 Timothy 2-Share in suffering like a good soldier of Christ Jesus.
Jeremiah 7-8-Is there no balm in Gilead? Is there no physician there?
Psalm 122-I was glad when they said to me, "Let us go to the house of the LORD!"
Revelation 8.6-9.12-Now the seven angels who had the seven trumpets made ready to blow them.

God's Word of the Day
Know that you are not the only one who has suffered.

Story of the Day
She just wouldn't stop. No matter what I did the baby continued to cry. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I had tried everything. Her suffering became my suffering. Why couldn't I get her to stop. So we became one in suffering. At this point we both calmed down. We both began to realize that suffering was what we had in common. Then it slowly began to change. In our common suffering we moved from suffering to joy. We began to talk to one another. We began to share in our suffering and also move from suffering to joy. It was a gradual change but a change for the better. In the end we both fell back to sleep. From suffering to joy to rest. We both began to realize that joy and rest was what we had in common. Thanks be to God!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, when I suffer, when I complain, when I pause; I find you are with me. With me and going through the suffering. Going through the suffering and leading me to joy and rest. Thank you! ---Amen

No comments: