Tuesday, November 25, 2008

November 25th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Investigate

Readings of the Day
2 Peter 3-The Lord is not slow about his promise, as some think of slowness, but is patient with you, not wanting any to perish, but all to come to repentance. but the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and everything that is done on it will be disclosed.
Jeremiah 45-46-Harness the horses; mount the steeds! Take your stations with your helmets, whet your lances, put on your coats of mail!
Psalm 141-I call upon you, O LORD; come quickly to me; give ear to my voice when I call to you. Let my prayer be counted as incense before you, and the lifting up of my hands as an evening sacrifice.
Esther 8.3-17-For how can I bear to see the calamity that is coming on my people?

God's Word of the Day
I am coming - I have come - I will come again

Story of the Day
The crime scene had left many clues. There was blood, hair and even prints to be found. We found finger prints and shoe prints and even tire tread marks of the escape vehicle. The crime scene had many clues. The criminal would be located that was for sure. It may take some time, but the criminal would be located. All would become obvious some day. One day we would arrive at the place of the criminal. We would arrive unexpected. We would be a surprise to him. All of the detectives on the scene were sure of this. But to our surprise the criminal came forward. Out of the blue and to our surprise the criminal came forward with a confession. Even a repentance was given. We weren't clergy. But the criminal repented. And then the victim's family and friends graciously granted forgiveness. It was beyond anything we had ever seen in the past. Criminal and victims united. We were awed by the faith of the victims. The criminal was transformed. Sure he paid for his crime, but his life was forever changed. And he changed the lives of those with him in prison. The crime scene had left many clues and the criminal was located and justice was done, but the twist of it all came in the repentance and the forgiveness. It was beyond anything we had ever seen in the past!

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I am the criminal. I come forward and seek forgiveness. Forgive my sin and renew me. And may I forgive those who sin against me. Set me on the path You have designed for me to take. Use me and send me to do Your will, today, tomorrow and forever. ---Amen

No comments: