Tuesday, November 18, 2008

November 18th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Initiative

Readings of the Day
1 Peter 1-You know that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your ancestors, not with perishable things like silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without defect or blemish.
Jeremiah 31-32-I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.
Psalm 134-May the LORD, maker of heaven and earth, bless you from Zion.
Zechariah 2:1-5; 5:1-4-For I will be a wall of fire all around it, says the LORD, I I will be the glory within it.

God's Word of the Day
I have taken the initiative to save you and protect you. Now go boldly and serve in My Kingdom.

Story of the Day
The fire had marched on now for days. The fire was spreading and approaching more houses. As it began to spread across an open space, we took initiative. We quickly started a controlled fire of our own. We burnt a ring of fire at some distance from the approach of the main fire. We hurriedly burnt off the vegetation in the path of the larger fire. Once the vegetation had been burnt away the larger fire didn't have any fuel to burn. Soon the main fire was extinguished. We able to stop the fire. Only with the fuel gone were we able to save the community in the path of the fire.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I give You thanks that You took the initiative and sent Your Son. You sent Your Son into the midst of the fire. He burnt away the sin in our path. He came to this earth to eliminate the fuel for the fire of evil. And in His Holy Fire of love we are saved. May I boldly go forth this day to serve You in Your Kingdom. May Your initiative be mine, through Your precious blood. ---Amen

No comments: