Sunday, November 30, 2008

November 30th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Wait

Readings of the Day
Galatians 4.21-31-So then, friends, we are children, not of the slave but of the free woman.
Lamentation 3-4-The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. "The LORD in my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him." The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to the soul that seeks him. It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.
Psalm 146-I will praise the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praises to my God all my life long.
Mark 13.24-37-Beware, keep alert; for you do not know when the time will come.

God's Word
I am coming soon. I am coming to you. I bring salvation.

Story of the Day
Just wait till your Father gets home. A threat that was yelled at me by Mom. I knew that when Dad got home I would "get it." I knew that what I had done was wrong. I had angered my Mom beyond what she could handle and she went to Dad. This was a "wait" that I dreaded. But there were other "waits" that I could wait on. Like waiting for Christmas. Waiting to unwrap the presents under the tree. I couldn't wait! I could wait, but I was anxious and excited in this wait. But to wait for Dad to get home was different. Why does waiting have to be so strange. One kind of wait was a good and anxious kind of wait. The other kind of wait was a fearful dreaded kind of wait. Just wait, I was told. Wait...

Prayer of the Day
Lord, I know the wait. I know the sin I've committed. I know what I deserve. But You faithfully come to my door each and every day. You come not to punish. You come to take on the punishment I deserve. So, I wait, knowing how Your love never ceases. I wait, knowing that Your mercy never ceases. It all seems such a mystery to me. Why You do what You do? But I also know that I can't solve this "sin" thing on my own. So I wait on Your salvation. I can't save myself. As soon as I think I can, I sin. So I wait on Your arrival. I wait on salvation. I wait, and in the wait, my faith in You grows. I wait, and in the wait, I learn hope and love. I wait, yet I go to work in joy doing all You have called me to do. I wait, yet I work in joy. I wait, knowing that I can faithfully serve in Your Kingdom because of the "wait" You have provided. I wait...thanks be to God! The "wait" is so worth it!---Amen

No comments: