Wednesday, November 26, 2008

November 26th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Togetherness

Readings of the Day
Galatians 1-But when God, who had set me apart before I was born and called me through his grace, was pleased to reveal his son to me, so that I might proclaim him among the Gentiles, I did not confer with any human being, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were already apostles before me, but I went away at once into Arabia, and afterwards I returned to Damascus.
Jeremiah 47-48-Surely, because you trusted in your strongholds and your treasures, you also shall be taken...
Psalm 142-You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living.
John 5.19-40-Very truly, I tell you, anyone who hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life, and does not come under judgment, but has passed from death to life.

God's Word of the Day
I bring you together to hear My Word and to live.

Story of the Day
We had gathered together to celebrate Thanksgiving. Young and old and all ages in-between gathered together. Family and friends gathered together for a feast. We gathered for a feast to nourish our bodies and for fellowship to unite our souls as one. We gathered together and prayed. Prayed, giving thanks for life. Prayed, giving thanks for harvest. Prayed, giving thanks that our differences were unique and special and united us in love. We gathered together to feed on the Word and to believe in faith the One whom God gave to us to save us. Bread and Wine united us in prayer. Gathered together, yet each one set apart for service in the Kingdom. We had gathered together to celebrate Thanksgiving.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, gather us together. Even when we are spread apart; gather us together. Spread apart by distance, and spread apart by death. Gather us together in life to take in Your Son. Gather us together to absorb and feed on Your Word. Gather us together in a thanksgiving feast that we may celebrate with joy and thanksgiving all You have done for us. Lord, gather us together in love. ---Amen

No comments: