Thursday, November 27, 2008

November 27th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Push it

Readings of the Day
Galatians 2-...yet we know that a person is justified not by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ. And we have come to believe in Christ Jesus, so that we might be justified by faith in Christ, and not by doing the works of the law, because no one will be justified by the works of the law.
Jeremiah 49-50-My people have been lost sheep...
Psalm 143-Let me hear of your steadfast love in the morning, for in you I put my trust. Teach me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.
Zechariah 13.1-9-They will call on my name, and I will answer them. I will say, "They are my people"; and they will say, "The LORD is our God."

God's Word of the Day
Call on My name. Only I can save you.

Story of the Day
How fast could we get this done? That was the question we had on our mind that afternoon. How fast could we get this done? So we started out. It was slow going at first. Then as we gained experience; we became a little bit better at doing this. The question was still growing though; "How fast could we get this done?" By about 4 p.m. we were beginning to come together as a team. Each one of us knew what we could do best and each one of us knew what we needed to do individually and how our individual efforts applied to the total effort. The question was still there. How fast could we get this done? Momentum really began to pick up. Finally we were finished. Now we knew how fast we could get this done. But a new question came up. What could we do better? How could we improve on our time and get this same thing done even faster the next time? It never seems as if we are satisfied. It's like we think that we can do this all on our own. But then the voice of wisdom spoke from a silent person in the team. He told us that the point of the entire exercise wasn't that we needed to get faster and faster; but that the point of the exercise was that we needed to realize that some things were beyond ourselves. We can't achieve perfection. We can't reach that ultimate. There will always be a faster. We can't get it done perfectly. We depend on each other even to get it done; let alone to reach perfection. It's about the faith we need in each other. It's about the trust we need to grant on another. It's about our vision of a perfection we could never achieve but our relationships in that stretch to the goal were what counted. If we think that we can achieve perfection on our own we would certainly be lost. We would lose the point. We would be lost in ourselves and our own selfishness and finally separate ourselves from all others. In this separation; we would lose. But in the struggle and in the dependence on faith and trust in one another we build relationship, one for another. How fast can we get this done? Not sure, but in the getting done, we will build a bond, one with another of love and caring.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, keep my focus on the vision of You. You are my vision. You are my hope. It's not about what I do or what I achieve. It's about the relationship You have with me. It's about the love You teach me. It's about Your bond and the bond You build with me and those You give to me each and every day. How fast can we get this done? Not sure, but would really like You to take Your time with me. The longer the better. How about an eternity? In this we will be together for You are my desire. ---Amen

No comments: