Monday, November 24, 2008

November 24th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Work

Readings of the Day
2 Peter 2-But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive opinions.
Jeremiah 43-44-I beg you not to do this abominable thing that I hate!
Psalm 140-Surely the righteous shall give thanks to your name; the upright shall live in your presence.
Esther 2.1-18-Every day Mordecai would walk around in front of the court of the harem, to learn how Esther was and how she fared.

God's Word of the Day
Listen to My Word and turn to me.

Story of the Day
We were told that a storm was coming and to take shelter. So we went to the basement and waited it out. But nothing ever happened! Was this a mistake? Did we listen to the wrong channel? It didn't even rain. And the weatherman never gave an all clear notice. It must have been a mistake. So we came back upstairs. All seemed well. Later we found out that the station that the weatherman was located at was hit by a tornado. The TV station was knocked off of the air.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, as I return to work this day, help me to hear Your voice in the wilderness. Help me to discern the truth from so many voices. Show me Your way when I need to make decisions. Teach me how to take the actions You would have me to take when action is needed. Make me a caring and loving person to those You give to me. And hear my praise of joy and thanksgiving for the opportunity to serve in Your Kingdom this day. ---Amen

No comments: