Wednesday, November 05, 2008

November 5th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Decision

Readings of the Day
2 Timothy 1-...God did not give us a spirit of cowardice, but rather a spirit of power and of love and of self-discipline.
Jeremiah 5-6-I have made you a tester and refiner among my people so that you may know and test their ways.
Psalm 121-The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in from this time on and forevermore.
Matthew 15.1-9-Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders?

God's Word of the Day
I take care of you. Go in My way this day.

Story of the Day
This was such a neat house. It was easy for me to haunt this house. It was empty and creepy and old. It was fun to float through this house and make noises. But the only problem was that no one lived here. So I wasn't even scaring anyone. It's so much more fun when you have someone to scare. Then one day some people arrived. There were three of them. A couple with a realtor. They were thinking about buying the house. So now was my chance. Now I could test them. I made some noise and moved a few objects around. But they didn't even notice what I was doing. So I decided to become even more active. I caused a vase to tip and almost hit the man in the head. He simply picked up the vase and cleaned up the mess. It seemed that no matter what I did, they ignored it or explained it away. The only way I could phase this couple was to become real. Even I know that I can't become real. So I gave up. They had such a love for this house that they couldn't even see the haunting I was doing. Their eyes were so full of the spirit of love that I was invisible. So I gave up.

Prayer of the Day
Lord, fill my very being so full of Your Spirit that I never lose focus on the love and power You have. Let me go out into this sinful world so filled with You that Your Love overflows from me and into the world to those You give to me this day. Let all my decisions be made this day with the eyes of Christ and let my actions reflect Your will. ---Amen

No comments: