Sunday, November 09, 2008

November 8th & 9th - Let's Play!

Theme
Renewal

Readings
2 Timothy 4-But the Lord stood by me and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. So I was rescued from the lion's mouth. The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and save me for his heavenly kingdom. To him be the glory forever and ever. Amen.
Titus 1-Grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior.
Jeremiah 11-14-Yet you, O LORD, are in the midst of us, and we are called by your name; do not forsake us!
Psalm 124-Our help is in the name of the LORD, who made heaven and earth.
Psalm 125-Do good, O LORD, to those who are good, and to those who are upright in their hearts.

God's Word
I am with you and will renew your strength.


Story



It was a full evening. A party and so many people to meet. I was picked up and passed around. I got to crawl all over some carpet and then onto some really slick stuff that was fun yet even more difficult to move on. They fed me cake and all sorts of goodies. People would smile at me when I smiled at them. They would tease me into laughing. They thought it was so funny when I would wave "bye bye" to them. There was a lot of noise and laughter all night long. But finally it all got to me. I became tired. And when I'm tired, look out! But it didn't turn out all that bad. My Gramma and Gramps took me home a little before the party was over. They treated me real nice and Gramma put me to bed real easy like. Then in the middle of the night something woke me up and I was frightened. So I cried out. And there came Gramma to my rescue. She picked me up and took me to bed and sat me next to Gramps. But Gramps was out of it. I think he really knew I was there but was too tired. So Gramma took care of me until I settled back down and went back to sleep. Then in the morning, I heard a little bit of noise. It was Gramps. He likes the mornings and so do I. So I got up and said a few things for a while. But soon I fell back to sleep for another morning nap before getting up for the day. It felt good last night. The party was fun and the rest was such renewal. I think God must be taking care of me through these people. I think God must give me people to help me renew myself through the night. I think God wants me to be fresh and ready to go each and every morning so that I can go out into His great big playground and bring smiles to old people's faces. That must be what I'm called to do. I know that God loves me and calls me His own. I remember a time that this guy picked me up in front of a bunch of people and made my forehead oily and my head wet and told me that I was a "Child of God." I know from this that God takes care of me. I know because He always sends people to take care of me. I know because He has given me a Mommy and Daddy who really love me and a Gramma and Gramps who will never fail me. I know God loves me because of the people He gives to me each and every day. So today, I'll have a whole bunch of fun going out to play with God by my side as I bring smiles and laughter to old people all day long. ---Kaiya

Prayer
Lord, teach me the hope and faith of Kaiya. Teach me the youthful trust in You that she has. Teach me honest living each day. Renew me each day and grant me Your grace and Your peace. Teach me the simplicity of serving You in Your wonderful playground each and every day. As Kaiya brings smiles and laughter, may Your Light shine through me this day to warm the hearts of those You give to me. ---Amen

No comments: