Wednesday, November 19, 2008

November 19th - Let's Play!

Theme of the Day
Healing

Readings of the Day
1 Peter 2-He himself bore our sins in his body on the cross, so that, free from sins, we might live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed. For you were going astray like sheep, but now you have returned to the shepherd and guardian of your souls.
Jeremiah 33-34-Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.
Psalm 135-Praise the LORD, for the LORD is good; sing to his name, for he is gracious.
Matthew 24.45-51-Blessed is that slave whom his master will find at work when he arrives.

God's Word of the Day
I bore your sins for you. Now go and serve in My Kingdom.

Story of the Day
My vision had zoomed close in to the communion bread being offered to me that Sunday. I had zoomed in on that bread and the hands that offered that bread. I zoomed in on my open hands, anxious to receive this bread, this body of Christ. Then suddenly my vision zoomed out. My vision went above and beyond myself. I saw me, standing there with open hands. Then I saw the church in which I was standing. Then my vision zoomed further out to the city, the state, the nation, the world and even the universe that I was standing in. I was distant in this vision but God's vision had become my vision. I saw the entire universe. Then in a second my vision went back in to the bread. An awesome God, an awesome universal Savior had chosen to come to earth to die for my sins. Now He has chosen to feed me His very Self in order that He may live in me and I live in Him. He chose to fling His very being through space and time for me. In love He saved me. Now, nourished and fed by His grace; I go. I go to serve in this very same love in His Kingdom, today, tomorrow and forever. My vision had zoomed close in to the communion bread...I saw the entire universe...all in a second.

Prayer of the Day
Your eyes are awesome Lord. You see it all! You see the big and the small. You see inside and outside. Your eyes are awesome Lord! Send me with just a glimpse of Your vision into Your Kingdom this day to serve in love and active faith towards You. ---Amen

No comments: