Monday, May 14, 2012

May 14th Word Heard by Bill Lynch

"Do you want steak or hamburger?"

Words said by Sue when we arrived at the cabin after a long trip. We were just going to spend the evening and cook out on the deck that exhibits an awesome view of the mountains. We were just like two birds in the trees perched up high.

Sue decided it would be steak. I was perfectily happy with either choice.

So what do these words have to do with anything?

1 John 5:12a --- Whoever has the Son has life...

We have arrived into this wonderful created world of God. Especially from the vantage point that Sue and I have from this deck, we stand in awe of what God has created. In the silence I sit and pray and listen to the sounds of the created. I smell the fresh air and enjoy the beauty of flowers, butterflies, squirrels, deer and even a bear now and then as we travel through the park. God's creation is an awesome sight!

But wait there's more! "Do you want steak or hamburger?" When we begin to see this creation and then realize that Jesus came from above to save us from sin, death and the devil; we realize that there is more.

Jesus lived and died for us that we could realize that there is so much more than just this world and this beautiful creation we live in. There is life in him. Real life. Life beyond what I now can see and witness to with my eyes. Life that I can witness to through the eyes of Jesus. Eternal life in God.

Yes this is a beautiful creation, but Jesus came to give us more. More than even the steak. We look forward to this life we live, knowing that there is more. We live in this world and witness in this world to a life that is even greater than this. All through the hope and faith that God has placed in us through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, I give you thanks for the richness of this life. I celebrate the life you have given to me and those around me. Send us all to proclaim the joy of faith we have in you... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: