Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May 30th Reflection by Bill Lynch


What is that? A goat on a ledge looking into a window in downtown Sidney? What kind of thing is that? Who thought that up? How did it get there? Why? I researched the web and couldn't find an answer. I suspect I have some relatives that could explain, but to me, this is a mystery.

Read Romans 8:12-17


The Spirit enables me to call on God. The Spirit enables me to call God my Father. Once I believe, the Spirit goes to work in me. Christ's grace brings me into relationship with the Father through Jesus and the Spirit comes to me, looks in on me, and directs, gifts me and calls me to action. When I cry to my Daddy, I am vulnerable, naked and come to Abba as his little child. I depend on Daddy for everything. In my spirit, I am exposed before God. I live a life as a reproduction of Jesus, in my place and in my time, God's Spirit looks in where I am and uses me.

So, am I the goat looking in or is the Spirit the goat watching over me? I don't know, but the mystery of the goat on the ledge leads me to think of how God cares for me inside the room or outside on the ledge. Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, bring me into relationship with Father, Son and Spirit that I too may care for another as you have cared and loved me... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: