Wednesday, May 02, 2012

May 2nd Photo Reflection by Bill Lynch

1 John 9: God's love was revealed among us in this way: God sent his only Son into the world so that we might live through him.


How do we know love? And what is real love? Is it how we feel about money or chocolate or food? Is love about our sexual emotions? Or is love about how we feel towards close family or friends?

I can enjoy the sight of this flower. I can see the rose bush in the background that produces a few roses now and then. Sometimes I care for these creations of God and sometimes I ignore them. Bugs are chewing on the rose leaves. The beautiful flower grows with the weeds. But I still love to see the sight of these flowers. They are real and I can touch and smell them. They show life and death and pain.

God has given us a different love. God's love is a kind of love that is not seen anywhere with us and love that is not seen everywhere with us. We know God's love because of what was done for us. God's love was made manifest or made real when God sent Jesus, God's only son into this world. The purpose for God sending Jesus was to give us life.

A Love that brings life through the love of God in Christ Jesus. Think about how great this love is. Don't take it for granted because we mention it so much. Really pause and reflect on all that happened when God sent Jesus into this world out of the love he has for us and all creation. God love you and me, bugs, weeds, and beautiful flowers all. Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, stop me some time today, perhaps now or later, that I may deeply see the beauty of life and the awesome love you have for me and my neighbor. --- Amen

No comments: