Tuesday, May 22, 2012

May 22nd Psalm by Bill Lynch


Psalm
Look at what you have made!
I look and see trees and hills as far as my eye can see.
And the variety of creation is amazing.
When I'm on the beach I listen to the waves.
The creatures of the sea are so different from those of the land.
Then I look down and see insects of all kinds.
I look up in the day and at night and the scene is so different.
Look at all that man has made of what you created.
I hear jet engines.
I see the x-ray and then the microscope.
What about electricity and all the uses.
Look how man has used the fuels of the earth?

And you know what?
All of this points to you!
My God, Creator, Redeemer, Spirit.
To you alone do I give all the glory.
I sing praises to you and give thanks.
Your glory lasts forever and ever.
All creation is yours.
I pray to you and learn of the Spirit.
Not only are you in all that I see
But you are in all through spirit.
You go beyond the creation that I see
And into spirit.

Breathe your Spirit into me Lord!
Live in me, I pray!
In flesh and in spirit; live.

Reference Psalm 104

Prayer
Amazing God, how awesome are your works and how wonderful your Spirit. --- Amen

No comments: