Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May 16th Photo Reflection by Bill Lynch


Nelson

What were we looking for? What did my new found buddy Nelson turn to see? This was one of the pictures Sue took of me and Nelson. Nelson was the dog of the owner of a Crafts Strip Mall I was visiting while on vacation with Sue. Nelson was a free roamer and had access to the entire site. One of the owners told me that sometimes Nelson just sits in his shop's doorway. Well, some people are afraid of dogs. I'm not sure who could be afraid of Nelson though. He was old and gentle and loving. But the shop owner would gently move Nelson from the doorway so that customers would feel welcome to come in. If you ask me Nelson was the best thing that could happen to this mall to welcome people. We even saw Nelson in the parking lot greeting new people as they pulled in to shop.

Jesus came to this earth to welcome all people back to a renewed life. We all fail in sin, but Jesus came right out into the parking lot to welcome us into a relationship with himself and all people. A relationship of care and love and a relationship built on trust, hope and faith.

In our failures, perhaps some are afraid to meet Jesus, but Jesus takes us beyond that fear and shows us his graceful love in that he died for us to save us from sin. There are some that won't accept this gift and some that will deny any and all of it, but for those who do accept the love of God through Jesus, a life changing relationship will begin. Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, teach me to be like Nelson, humble, trustworthy, friendly and inviting to all people. Teach me to live the values that you would have me live... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: