Friday, May 25, 2012

May 25th Reflection by Bill Lynch



Wind
Where did I begin? I'm not sure? When I move all things move too. At least the things I touch move. My strength seems to vary from time to time. Sometimes I'm strong enough to move cars and uproot trees and at other times I can barely make a blade of grass bend.

I wonder most about my source of power. Sometimes I can begin a fire. Many times I sustain the fire. It seems without me the fire dwindles and dies.

I've seen this in the past too. One day I rushed into the house of some people gathered together in fear. I blew a power that was way beyond me into their lives. I finally witnessed my beginning. I witnessed the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit came into the lives of these believers of Jesus and they came to life. In fact there were tongues of fire that sprang to life. The promise of Jesus was fulfilled in these disciples. The Holy Spirit blew into their lives and mine that day. I'll never forget it.

Prayer
Spirit, blow strong into the lives of your people and light the fire of life that they may witness to all the world of your saving grace this day and forever. --- Amen

No comments: