Monday, May 28, 2012

May 28th Reflection by Bill Lynch



"What does that mean?"

Words said by a few people after reading a Facebook post from our daughter Stephanie. Non of us could figure out what the post had to do with the picture.

Read Isaiah 6:1-8

We have a big God. Really big. So big that the hem of his robe fills a temple. I suspect God is even bigger than this though. I suspect God fills everything.

What about those flying snakes? Six wings! Two to cover their faces, two to cover their feet and with two they flew. These guys were some servants of God, and good ones too! They praise God with awesome song and sing of his power and God's vast dominion. And at the praise, the foundation of all creation shakes.

As Isaiah takes in all of this, he proclaims that he is a sinful man. But God uses the sinful and forgives them and calls them and sends them in power to proclaim the message God has for all people. The penalty of sin is paid for by a substitute offered in the sinner's place.

Isaiah proclaims, "Send me!"

"What does that mean?" Wow! God chooses to forgive, call and send us. For sure... Send me!

Thanks be to God!

Prayer
Lord, you are awesome and holy! Touch my heart with the coal of the fire of your substitute for my sin, Jesus Christ and send me, Lord, send me... today... tomorrow... and forever. --- Amen

No comments: