Saturday, June 11, 2005

June 10 People Reflection

Romans 15.1-13-The scriptures were written to teach and encourage us by giving us hope

 

1 Samuel 27-28-David goes to Philistia to escape Saul-Saul confers with the ghost of Samuel

 

Psalm 70-You LORD care about me

 

Romans 5.1-8-God proved his love for us- God acts

 

1 Corinthians 15.12-22-be made alive in Christ resurrection

 

Psalm 119.57-64-the earth is full of your steadfast love oh LORD

 

Yesterday I had a hard thing to do - It was time for our dog Kelsey to be put to sleep - her legs had gotten so bad that many days she couldn’t even get up - so it was time- yea- we did some nice things just before hand-- got her up and walked her around outside without a leash- she couldn’t run away anyway- gave her treats- yummy dog food- lunch meat and such- then picked her up and put her in the car for that awful ride to the Vet -- God spoke through that Vet yesterday -- As Bryan and I got Kelsey to calm down just a little and relax on the floor- the Vet examined her- he noticed how bad her legs were- how much pain she was in because of her swollen joints and lack of muscles-- and the Vet commented-- “It’s amazing how these dogs will just hang on and suffer.” -- and I heard the voice of God- I saw the actions of God in the life of my loyal pet Kelsey -- how she hung on and suffered - just to continue loving me and my family- just to be with us in the center of our house- only able to hang on a suffer- wag the tail in joy when she would see us walk by in the motion of family life at home- to bark when someone approached our front door- Kelsey couldn’t hardly get up and walk anymore- very seldom even go to the door- but she would stay on that rug - and hang on a suffer for a family she loved- she proved her love for us through her actions- she gave a family steadfast love- she showed in her action how much she truly cared about us- she was willing to take on some pain and separation at times to show love-  oh how the scriptures teach us- oh how God speaks through a Vet - who points to God active in the life of a dog- can you see it? -- can you feel it? -- God sent his Son to hang on and suffer- to hang on and suffer on a cross - just because he loved his family - to hang on and suffer on a cross and show a love so deep we can’t even describe it - God sent a dog into my life- into the life of my family - to hang on and suffer- to show a love so deep - I can’t even explain it -- God sends his love in so many ways- So yesterday - yea - I heard God speak through a Vet- but I also saw God act through a dog to point me to that one final act of love, forgiveness and salvation that God showed active through Jesus death and resurrection - God speaks- God acts -- Thanks be to God!

 

Prayer- Lord- thank you for pets - thank you for the loyalty they show- thank you for the examples they set- may you feel such a great love from me as I have felt from my pets- for you are God- I love you and I live for you - I give my life to you- for I trust completely in your power- in your grace and in your love. You are God - take my life and let me make you happy and feel loved. --- Amen

 

No comments: