Saturday, June 25, 2005

June 25th People Reflection

Saturday 6/25/2005
Mark 7.14-37-Jesus heals people- he is compassionate and very caring-
and among the Gentiles too
2 Samuel 18-A sad story of civil war- David wins- but loses his son
Absalom in battle
Daniel 11.21.45-Battles-people thinking they are powerful- only God is
powerful!
Romans 6.12-23-Present yourself as one ? brought from death to life-
the free gift of eternal life in Jesus
1 John 4.7-19-We love because he first loved us
Psalm 118-His steadfast love endures forever-This is the day the LORD
has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Yesterday ? God spoke- but I didn?t understand it- I couldn?t figure
out what the words meant- but I did get the meaning- as I traveled
Epcot- from country to country- I could hear people speak languages I
didn?t understand- It made me think today when I see all the battles
between countries- the civil war- the fighting over power- how God is
the ultimate power- how Jesus in the King of the kingdom- how we
always try to force ourselves into power through our own actions-
place ourselves in the place of God- but then I hear the people speak
different languages and don?t understand them- but then again ? I see
the people as they are- people just like you and me- people trying to
live ? trying to understand purpose- trying to understand life- people
with a need for God- we all speak the same language really- oh- I may
not understand them and they may not understand me- but we are the
same in more ways than we are different- we all live on love- we all
look to move from death to life- eternal life- and this is where God
speaks to all- he sent his Son to walk with the Gentiles too- to die
for all people- to rise again from death to life and give all people a
love so deep only God can express it- so how do I respond- I love
because he first loved me- God is the example- God shows love- I must
love these people I can?t understand- I must not hate them but love
them- did God speak yesterday? ? yea- I think he spoke some Spanish-
French-Chinese and some other stuff I don?t have a clue as to what it
was- God speaks- I listen- God spoke yesterday and common language of
love.

Prayer-Lord-today ? let me share your love with someone- let your
light shine through me- forgive my sin and clear up my cloudy glass
and let your light shine- keep me humble and take pride away- for my
only pride in you- the one I love. --- Amen

No comments: