Friday, June 03, 2005

June 3rd People Reflection

Friday 6/3/2005

Romans 9.1-29 - The Israelites where chosen by God- but through Jesus all are God’s people

1 Samuel 17.55-18.30 - David finds a friend in Jonathan and an enemy in Saul

Psalm 63 - Your love means more than life to me

Hosea 5.15-6.6 - God will come to us like the showers

1 Corinthians 2.6-16 - Speak God’s wisdom

Psalm 111 - The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom

So yesterday I was in the emergency room at Christ Hospital in Cincinnati- all the people- but then I had to also go to University Hospital emergency room -- so many more people- all people looking for help - all the people in need of healing - all the people - city people- many to me looked much more desperate than we are used to seeing around Middletown-- I don’t know - maybe because Cincinnati is only larger- but so many people reaching out for some little bit of help -- nobody looked all that bad-- physically anyway- not like you see on ER-- just a bunch of people reaching out for help -- these are the very children of God-- they don’t have to be the Israelites or anything -- they are all the children of God since Jesus came and gave his life for all-- that’s the healing- but again- these people needed some healing -- they needed some friendship -- like a Johnathan to turn to -- but it looked to me like most of their lives they had been chased by a Saul- they had been forced to endure hardship they didn’t ask for or even deserve- it was just their life-- for most of the people I saw at University it looked like life had been hard-- but then I could also see the other end of things-- there was another group of people- a caring group of people- the workers and the doctors and the nurses-- providing the healing - working to be friends- showing a love of God that is deep and caring and willing to put up with the pain and hardship and attitudes of those seeking healing- their love was showing through like that gentle shower of life giving water that God gives to us in baptism - it was a constant love that kept coming down in a steady stream over the cry for healing of the people- and in all this I could see the wisdom of God- he brings the healing to people through people- he brings life to people through people- he brings life to all God’s children through that once for all final act of Jesus death and resurrection - life he gives-- yea-- there is still a battle going on-- there is still sin-pain-death and suffering in this world-- but the victory has been won- now it’s our turn-- it’s our turn to let God’s wisdom shine through our lives to all God’s people- to let his love shower the lives of so many others in pain who need healing- to fear God and see wisdom in service to people- to love the people in need of healing -- just like Jesus loves us when we were in the need of healing in our lives-- So yesterday I was in the emergency room at Christ Hospital-- and there was Christ too.

Prayer- Lord Jesus- use me this day to bring healing-love and comfort to your people- use my mouth - my soul and my body as you wish- grant me your wisdom to speak and act as you wish me to- lead me today as I move about your people in love. -- I thank you - I praise you - I give you all the glory- for you alone are a loving and gracious God -- Amen

No comments: