Wednesday, June 08, 2005

People Reflections June 8

Wednesday 6/8/2005

Romans 13- Obey-Love-and be ready for Jesus to return

1 Samuel 25- Abigail keeps David from killing her husband Nabal and eventually marries David

Psalm 68-Our God-you are the one who ride on the clouds- I praise your name

Psalm 100- God’s steadfast love endures forever

Matthew 11.20-24-Repent!

Psalm 38- I am utterly spent and crushed-I am sorry for my sin

A group of people visited my house yesterday - We came together to talk about priorities and time -- Time is the great equalizer-- we all have a certain amount of time- I really can’t do anything to increase the amount of time I have-- if I think of a day - I have 24 hours-- I can’t increase it-- so this gift of time I have- how much of that do I give to God? - One of the exercises we did during this short time we had together- pointed out to me- how little of my time I dedicate to God-- why is that? - So with this in mind I think of today’s passages- how was God speaking through that small group of friends last night? - What was the message about time and what does it have to do with today’s readings? - Here on earth I have to do some things- some may matter- some may not- I have to obey the laws - stay in line with society-- it matters some but it seems the thing that matters more is to show the love of God to each other- now there is where I think God wants me to spend some time- show the love of God to others- demonstrate it - don’t just talk about it- tell them of a Savior that will return some day - maybe soon- that loves each person so deeply that he was willing to give all the time he had to their eternal life- now think about the time Jesus gave to each of us- he gave all his time - he gave his entire earthly life to healing- preaching and saving us from our sin- he gave all his time for each one of us- can’t I give a little more than some small percentage of my time back to him?- why am I not giving a huge amount of my time back to him? - giving my time to Jesus to do the work he has planned for me- yea - I have responsibilities to people I love- to family and friends- but the time I give back to Jesus impacts their lives as well- David needed some food- he had done Nabal a favor - but Nabal didn’t give any concern for David’s hunger- Nabal didn’t give David the time of day so to speak- but Abigail did- she was Nabal’s wife- she ran into David and made sure his needs and his soldiers basic needs of food were taken care of-- how did Nabal use his time? - when Abigail went back home to her husband - Nabal was having a wild party-- Nabal didn’t have time to help David - but he had time to spend selfishly on himself-- Nabal died- Abigail ended up married to David-- I know God is a loving God- I know God forgives- and I need to repent for my waste of time - God gave me time - God gave me his Son Jesus to die for me and give me everlasting life- I do have time- and I repent of my selfish use of time-- I am utterly spent and crushed and sorry for my sin- yes I need forgiveness for my poor use of time- I need God to work with me and help me use my time wisely and give my life back to him- look at the example God gave to me in Jesus Christ-- what a gift of time I have received in Jesus- how happy and thankful I can be that God forgives and frees me from this burden of time- and how ironic that the little bit of time I spent last evening with a group of people who visited my house- God spoke through them - God was there - God was in his time in this small group of people- at my house last night --- Thanks be to God!

Prayer- Lord - thank you for a new day - help me today to spend that time with you and the ones you love- help me to give my time to you - lead me in the use of my time today - order my life- show me the priorities I need in my life- change them as you wish and show me where to take control and where to lose control- for in your timeless grace I give you thanks and praise --- Amen

 

No comments: