Thursday, June 16, 2005

June 16th People reflection

Thursday 6/16/2005

Mark 3.1-19-Jesus keeps on healing – even on the Sabbath days-the leaders begin their plot

2 Samuel 6-David brings the chest to Jerusalem with dancing and joy

Daniel 3-Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego trust God in the fire

Psalm 69.8-11, 18-20-Sometimes I just complain to God

Exodus 32.1-6-How quickly we turn to false gods

Psalm 44.1-8-Trust in God’s salvation

The healing goes on- slow – almost methodical – but the struggle continues also- I don’t think the healing stops just because it’s the Sabbath or even on Sundays – the healing goes on- then I think of what I heard someone say yesterday- don’t get too excited about the healing- don’t over do it- well- maybe good advice- maybe not- how could David not get excited when he was bringing the ark to Jerusalem- I’m sure his excitement – at least for David – was genuine- but did David even ask God if he wanted the ark moved to Jerusalem- the ark was the mercy seat of God- seems like maybe David was taking a little too much on and should have asked—healing and suffering- Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego trust God in the fire- there is some healing – there is some trust- did they over do it- no – I don’t think so- but still the pain lingers and lasts- and yea sometimes I just complain to God- sometimes I look for easy outs to the pain and suffering- but I must learn to trust in God’s healing and salvation- trust in his timing- trust and endure- build character and hope- so I’m not sure about the advice not to get too excited about the healing- I think I should get real excited about the healing- God sent his Son to give me forgiveness, healing and life- I’m excited about that! – but the don’t over do it- that may be good advice- because when I tend to over do it is when I tend to try to take control for myself- well – Billy ain’t in control – God is! – so maybe God did speak yesterday – I think he did- but it was – Be excited over my healing and trust in me. – Thanks be to God!

Prayer- Lord – you are God- I will trust in you today – I will feel the healing – I will get excited about all you have done and tell others about you – You are God! – you are to be praised and honored- forgive me when I think I’m going to take control and show me how to trust in you. I love you --- Amen

No comments: