Wednesday, June 15, 2005

June 12th - June15th People Reflections

OK- I owe a word or two about the change in format-- After a year using the last format- basically commenting on the scriptures I had read- what struck me when I read them and such - I felt compelled to change- and reflect on the scriptures with the idea of how did God speak to me through another person or situation in daily life -- so that's the change-- If you ever want last years reflections I have all of them saved. They will take you through the Bible in one year. -- If you ever have any questions or comments - I like your responses very much.

 

Bill

 

Sunday 6/12/2005Romans 16-Paul greets and sends best wishes to friends- it’s nice to have friends

2 Samuel 1-David finds out about the death of Saul and Jonathan and mourns for them

Psalm 72-God is the King

Matthew 9.35-10.8-Go! With compassion and tell all that the Kingdom is near!

Colossians 1.15-23-Proclaim the hope provided by the Gospel to every creature under heaven

Psalm 127-Let God build the house

So yesterday - another day of healing - another day of anticipation for the sermon to give tomorrow- but I’m recovering slowly- I get out a little more- see some friends- see some people I haven’t seen in a couple of weeks- Paul felt good about all his friends- I feel good about mine- and it’s through that renewal of conversation - that meeting with some people you just recently have missed that I hear God speaking thought this day - God want us to reach out in compassion to each other- to help each other deal with the ups and downs- the illnesses- the injuries- the recoveries- the ways of life that we live day to day - and we need to have that compassion for each other- sometimes just to talk - sometimes to share a Psalm or two- sometimes a prayer here or there - sometimes to keep something confidential but pray anyway- that’s where God speaks through - all those little contacts we make with each other and with others outside our normal circle- so many people hurting in our world- it’s easy how Jesus could look at the people and have compassion on them - but he does- and I can feel his presence in every situation I recall from yesterday- even my own -Jesus is there so close- so compassionate and so caring- even when you may not even think he is present- he is present -- what an honor it is to have the King of life enter and stay - to have the King of life just be there- to have the King of life build the house of recovery - build the house of love- build the house of a kingdom so great that all are invited- yea- yesterday I heard Jesus stop by -- in a friend- in some small conversation - he had some compassion - he gave me some life- it’s nice to have friends- stop by anytime.

Prayer- Lord Jesus- you come into my life in so many ways- through some small conversation with a friend I can hear you speak through so loudly - be with my friends- listen to our prayers- protect us and guide us and heal us - use the hands and the minds of the people we depend on to take care of us- put yourself into those caretakers we depend on - for our ultimate dependence is in you- you are God - highly to be praised- send me out this day to talk to others - to make some friends - and to love the friends I already have- and be right there by my side all the time - I give you thanks for each new day. --- Amen

Monday 6/13/2005

Mark 1.1-20-John the Baptist-Jesus-A couple of disciples-Let the ministry begin-Let the Gospel spread

2 Samuel 2.1-3.1-The Israelites are divided- some follow David as King- others Ishbosheth- Civil War begins

Daniel 1-Read books and eat vegetables-Daniel is in the royal court in preparation-Trust in God

2 Corinthians 10.1-18- Be confident that you belong to Christ- and remind yourself of this

Luke 15.1-10-There is joy in heaven for even one who repents

Psalm 133- It is good to be together

So yesterday was the day to worship and praise God for all he has done. A time to be with the People of God- together- a time to talk - a time to witness to each other- but also a time to let the ministry begin- to go into the world to spread the Gospel- a time to read the Book and refresh ourselves with some good food in preparation for a week in the kingdom of God- in the worlds we each would move into- and yea- we repented yesterday too-- and God forgave us- it was good to be together- so did I hear God speak through some people yesterday- you betch ya- I heard him sing to me - I heard God in the voices of his children yesterday - all morning long and throughout the day - God really speaks through some people on Sunday -- Thanks be to God!

Prayer-Lord - I worship, honor, praise and adore you - you are God - I thank you for your forgiveness- continue to watch over me and protect me as I go out today - be with all who need your healing touch and power- for you will be with each one all the way- send me out this day - renewed in your Spirit - gifted- washed clean and ready for your action. Thanks be to God! --- Amen

Tuesday 6/14/2005

Mark 1.21-45-Jesus heals and teaches people

2 Samuel 3.2-39-David lets Abner (Saul’s general) go free- but Joab kills Abner

Daniel 2.1-23-God rescues Daniel and his friends from death by telling Daniel the King’s dream

2 Corinthians 11.1-21a-Keep thoughts focused on Jesus

Isaiah 11.10-16-God rescues and saves his people

Psalm 60-Put us back together oh God!

Yesterday- I am beginning to feel the healing in my leg - I think I’m really beginning to recover- It’s very slow- but I notice the presence of healing- then I think of how Jesus heals and teaches people- he is healing and teaching me - both at the same time- teaching me to trust - to depend and to have faith in him- Just as he taught Daniel to trust and depend with his very life in God- so - how did I hear God speak yesterday- through my friend Mark at work- we depend on each other- as I returned- I could sense his joy for my presence- his willingness to do anything to help me recover- and through Mark’s actions I could hear and see God speak- God cares for us - God wants us to be healed- so much that he was willing to give his son to die on a cross for our healing- God gives healing and life from death- my simple response is to keep my focus on Jesus- God will put me back together- he will unite me with his people once again just as I am being united with Mark at work once again- what an example God gave to us in his Son Jesus Christ- we have someone to look to - someone to emulate- someone to turn to- we can trust in God- God heals - this is true- sometimes real real real slow- but God heals- and sometimes slow is good- so yesterday - God spoke through Mark- I depend on him- Mark wants me to return and be healed- God spoke through Mark’s kind actions- I see God’s action- I hear God’s call- I will respond and do likewise- I will have God’s love and compassion on some people today -- Thanks be to God!

Prayer- Be with me today as I go back again- as I return- as I feel your healing- heal those today who are in need- who are under the care of surgeons and doctors- work your healing power through all the nurses, doctors and all staff for those in need of healing- for you are God- you heal and move us from death to life- heal us and restore us to the fullness of your ministry- forgive our sins- forgive us when we do wrong and move us forward in you with your people-- Amen

Wednesday 6/15/2005

Mark 2- Jesus continues on with ministry and healing and calling disciples-but the Jewish leaders are suspicious and doubtful

2 Samuel 4-5-David become King over all of Israel- David depends on God and trusts God

Daniel 2.24-49-Daniel interprets the Kings dream- Daniel is humble with the power God gave him

2 Corinthians 11.21b-33-Suffering for God’s will- OK- that’s fine with me

Exodus 19.2-8- Gods acts-We respond

Psalm 91- Trust God- He will protect me

Yesterday I heard God speak through a woman who pointed out how blessed I am and we are. Sometimes when in struggle - I get blinded to the blessings God has granted. But when I stop and think about it- there are so many blessings- way more than I deserve- through Jesus ministry, healing and calling of people along the way- Jesus brought endless blessing to people- people who really needed it- don’t we all- not to the goody goody ones- but mostly to the people who would really appreciate healing and forgiveness- God does bless- and then he uses us- he gives us gifts-- like with Daniel- Daniel was humble and knew where his gift came from - and he used it to honor the God who created him- so the suffering that Daniel or even Paul had to endure amounted to nothing compared to the blessings received from God- and that hope of love in that final blessing promised - yea- God acted and sent his Son to die on a cross - to forgive my sins and to take the punishment for my sins that I deserve- God protects me and saves me-- I heard God speak through a woman yesterday about how much God has blessed me- boy! -- if that ain’t true I don’t know what is!

Prayer-Lord thank you for that ultimate blessing you have given me through the painful death and resurrection of Jesus- I don’t deserve it- forgive my sin and fill me through your Holy Spirit with your love- send me out today to tell that your kingdom is near- that your kingdom is here- Be with those in pain and relieve the suffering- show them your hope and salvation. You are God and I trust in you. -- Amen

No comments: