Friday, June 24, 2005

June 24th People Reflection

Friday 6/24/2005
Mark 7.1-13-We follow our own made up laws but ignore God?s Law
2 Samuel 17-Absalom now begins to chase David
Daniel 11.2-20-What I am going to tell you is certain to happen
Luke 1.57-80-John the Baptist is born- a messenger- an evangelist
Psalm 139-God is always with me

So yesterday ? I heard about imagination- I saw childhood again- I
began to think of the future- I began once again to pretend a little-
to see some magic in life- yea there is some magic to life- well ? not
really magic ? but it seems in my human ways to look like magic- I
know that behind that ?magic? is a loving God- a God that brings and
gives life- like the life of John the Baptist- life with a purpose-
life with a dream to fulfill- it may not be a fairy tale- but John led
a life with purpose- dream- vision and a life that pointed to a better
way- to Jesus- the author of life and dreams and the ultimate magic-
John was a messenger- get ready- prepare yourself- just as in
childhood we prepare ourselves for adult life- we learn ? we dream- we
pretend and act out what will happen in adulthood- sometimes we see
life differently- we are dependent on others- we trust our Mom?s or
Dad?s ? we live for others- and this allows the children to really
have a good point of view- the world lies in front of them-I wonder if
Absalom felt this way when he was a child?- did he dream of being
King??but then we become adults- sometimes we don?t follow the dream-
the plan God would have us follow- we plan our own dreams- and leave
God and the rest of the world out?yesterday- I watched a Disney parade?
the actors on the street with the people would dance and interact with
the crowds- like little kids- having fun- but there were also actors
on a float for everyone to look at?they were in their own little
worlds- separated from the crowds- they were in their own ?bubbles??
had they forgot how to play?- why did they have to be separated from
the crowds?-sometimes when I sin ? I try to take control of my own
little world- put myself into a bubble- separate myself from the
crowds and from God- this is when I sin and need forgiveness- I need
to realize the God is always with me- and I?m with all his children-
not in my own little bubble?yea- yesterday ? I heard God speak through
some children- imagination- interaction with the crowd- dreams- and
the ?magic? of life in God.

Prayer-Lord- let me see the magic of life today- let me feel your
presence- direct my thoughts- my imagination- my pretending- my play
to your purpose- and keep me out of the ?bubble? of adulthood to teach
me how to be a child?A child of God --- Amen

No comments: