Thursday, June 02, 2005

June 1st God's People Reflection

Wednesday 6/1/2005

Romans 7 - You are now part of the body of Christ- Jesus rescues us from sin

1 Samuel 16 - God chooses David to be King-- the youngest son

Psalm 61 - Please listen, God and answer my prayer!

Psalm 113 - Praise, O servants of the LORD; praise the name of the LORD

Mark 8.22-25 - Some people brought a blind man to Jesus for healing

Psalm 106.1-8; 47-48 - Remember me, O LORD, when you show favor to your people

Ok- Now that somehow I’m among the walking wounded- or maybe not walking so good wounded- I have become so much more aware of their issues- how getting around is such a big deal- how weak the body can be- how desire is overcome by physical ability - how much I see God in all these people. Today I saw another person with some crutches beside them as they rest on the sidewalk-- it was as if God were saying - slow down-- look around and notice my presence in the world-- then I had a couple people from church approach me to find out what had happened to me-- I am just a part of the body of Christ- and they too feel the pain - they are another part of the body of which I can feel the slack being taken up as I heal -- But God uses the wounded- he uses the very one’s you least expect- Samuel never expected David to be chosen - he thought that the oldest and tallest and strong brother would be chosen- but no- God said keep going through that family -- but the description of David wasn’t as if he were a weakling- he was described as hansom and strong and brave- so I think in God’s eyes even though we are wounded- not perfect - sin - he forgives us and uses us as beautiful Children.

So - how am I to respond to this call- listen for direction- God answers prayer- God heals the wounded- even the blind and will remember me and show me his favor -- so the person on crutches - taking a break at the library yesterday--- God used them- God sees the beauty the have as his creation with life- love and hope -- So sometimes you don’t even have to say a word - and God will tell his message through you to his people.

Prayer- Lord Jesus - thank you for your church - thank you for making me a part of your body - thank you for others in the church who give me time to heal- thank you for others who need healing- reach out to them - touch them with your power - choose the very ones we all least expect and use us all- use us as your servants in this world- use us to spread that awesome love you so powerfully demonstrated on that cross- use them to spread the message of your saving grace- so that all may see and believe. -- Amen

No comments: