Sunday, June 19, 2005

June 19th People Reflection

Sunday 6/19/2005

Mark 4.21-41-Don’t hide your faith- the kingdom of God is growing rapidly – have faith in God

2 Samuel 11-12-David sins- confesses- takes his punishment- and returns to ministry

Daniel 6-Pray and remain loyal to God-God rescues and sets free- God gives salvation

Matthew 10.24-39-Be bold – announce the gospel- take up the cross and proclaim

Matthew 6.25-33-Don’t worry about stuff- God will take care of that- strive first for the kingdom of God

Psalm 103-Bless God- he gives me all I ever need

So Stephanie went to get her temps yesterday – she had studied- there was a long wait- then the test- then the nervous wait- it took a couple of hours all together- I’m sure it felt like a lifetime for a 16 year old- but she made it- the joy was evident- she went to a parking lot with her sister to drive a little- if that joy was evidence of her faith – it was shining through- the law- the test- the joy- but it is still a gift given- no one says we have the right to drive- and if there is an infraction against the law- the sin must be confessed- the penalty must be paid- but in grace – God realized that we are so completely messed us that we could never begin to pay off the penalty of our sin- So God sent his Son to take on that penalty- not for one person – but for all of us- and we must receive that gift – get back in the car and drive- experience the joy of freedom once again- but from a different side of things- not experience the joy of driving because we passed the test- but experience the joy of driving because Jesus passed the test for us—that’s real joy – that’s a dedication to Jesus- so yea- God spoke yesterday – I think it’s time to take this drive of faith in service to a wonderful God who gave me salvation freely – Thanks be to God!

Prayer- Lord – you give me more than what I deserve- you give me all I need- let me use those gifts in service to you – show me the purpose you would have me do for today- tell me what actions to take- what words to say – and work your light and love through me this day- I will praise and honor you above everything today! -- amen

No comments: