Saturday, June 11, 2005

June 11 People Reflection

Saturday 6/11/2005

Romans 15.14-33-Paul is a traveling preacher with a ministry

1 Samuel 29-31-David does not battle Saul with the Philistines- Saul is defeated and dies

Psalm 71-You have taught me since I was a child-I never stop telling of your marvelous deeds

Acts 11.19-30;13.1-3- Early Christians spread the Word of God

Genesis 11.1-9-Trying to build myself up to be God- will only lead to sin and confusion

Psalm 16-Take refuge in God

 

What a mixed bag of scriptures this seems to be today - So how did God speak to me through people yesterday?- Actually - it seems my contact with people has been very minimal the past week- but that’s not really true- there are so many people who are with me who aren’t with me- that is physically- So with this injury of a torn calf muscle- there are certain things I have come to think of as treats of the day- yesterday was a trip to the Coffee Shop with the girls- spent a little time in conversation - I saw Kim the owener of Capozzi’s  in the window that looks into the Coffee Shop -- we did a sign language of sorts-- she wanted me to make sure my leg was propped up -- It reminds me of how communication sometimes goes- like at the Tower of Babel- communication was confused- the first Christians going out into the world- communication was only clear with the help of the Spirit- Communication between David and Saul was always getting confused because of misinterpretation of real intent- David loved and respected Saul - but Saul never got this message- So through a little sign language from Kim - I was able to hear God speak a message clearly to me-- when I speak to others about the grace of God - make sure they can understand- make sure it is a message from God and not a message from Bill in an attempt to build myself up - for my sin will only lead to confusion- communicates God’s Word of grace and love and salvation to the glory of God.

 

Prayer- Lord speak through me today- let your Word come through to others loud and clear and understandable- let it be to your glory and honor - for you are the one and only one who is God- you saved a sin filled world- a world trying to make itself God- but only you are God - I will give you all the honor- glory and praise. -- Amen

No comments: