Thursday, June 30, 2005

June 30th People Reflection

Thursday 6/30/2005
Mark 10.32-52-Open my eyes to see Jesus death and resurrection- to see
humble service- open my eyes
2 Samuel 24-Trust God-Confess my sin and live
Hosea 4.1-11a-Don?t turn away from God- Repent and follow him
Psalm 145.8-14-God?s love is steadfast-merciful-compassionate
Judges 10.1-2-Named and given a purpose by God
Psalm 34-Boast in God- he is faithful and will deliver me

?May I have your attention please. The drop-off area on level B is for
passenger drop-off and pick-up only. Any car left parked in this area
will be promptly towed at the owners expense.? ? Over and over I heard
this message yesterday as we were at the Jacksonville Airport with my
nephew. I think God was in that man?s voice- ?May I have your
attention please?? ? God wants my attention ? he want?s me to listen
to him ? to confess my sin ? to repent and follow him- to trust in him
and to live- He guides me with instruction for my own good and for the
good of others- If I left my car parked in the drop-off area- I would
cause others issues with dropping off their family and friends- So in
God?s law he opens my eyes to the needs of others- he opens my heart
to be compassionate towards others ? to think of and love others and
to see his steadfast-merciful-compassionate love?God opens my heart to
give this same love to others- to help the lost- to give direction to
the traveler who is in a panic?For through God?s law I can boast that
he saved me by a love so great that he sent his Son to suffer and die
on a cross for my failure to live up to that law ? and his Son rose
from the dead to give me the free gift of everlasting life- God named
me and gave me a purpose when he also called me in my baptism to live
my life for him- Did God speak yesterday? ? yea! ? through some
mechanical sounding ?official sounding ? declaration of the law of the
airport and through the Son he gave to me?God delivered me.

Prayer- Father-help me to hear you voice- to seek your guidance and
to follow you ? I ask you to forgive my sin and fill me with your
steadfast-merciful-compassionate love ? send me out full of your love
and grace to share your message with the world I go into today- with
the people I meet this day- thank you for making me special and I will
boast in you alone ? you are God and I give you all the thanks and
praise for another day. -- Amen

No comments: