Tuesday, June 07, 2005

June 7 People Reflection

Tuesday 6/7/2005

Romans 12-Being a Christian changes your life- you look on others and love them- you change

1 Samuel 23-24-Saul still seeks to kill David- David has a chance to kill Saul but has mercy and doesn’t

Psalm 67-Our God - be kind and bless us

Matthew 10.7-16-Go and witness to those right around you - where you are - the kingdom is near

Matthew 2.1-12-Jesus is not that hard to find- in fact he is right here among us- he found us

Psalm 19-Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable to you

Not much human contact yesterday - I’m still trying to heal my leg enough to get around just a little- healing takes time- change takes time- and being a Christians can be a slowly changing process or a real fast one- when I think back at how I got into the situation I’m in- I think - well yea-- that wasn’t slow- it was real fast and out of nowhere- a little pain in the leg -- so that part of the change was fast -- I went quickly from being able to walk - take long walks- to not walking at all -- but now the healing seems real real real slow-- change went from fast to slow-- I think sometimes God steps into our lives like that- makes a grand entrance - makes his presence known big time-- then he stays a while- the change is slow- he educates me- asks me to live out his healing and love and makes me savor it- maybe too much -- but it forces me to take it slow- to feel the change take place- I can see the progress- each small step becomes a big accomplishment- God has his own time- I try to force his time into my time - but that’s a useless exercise - so I sit and wait - and note each small improvement- celebrate each change and rejoice with God that he is here real close and with me all the time -- just like Jesus -- he is not that hard to find- in fact he is right here among us - he found me - he found me sitting in the bed and healing - he is the one doing the healing - I just need to sit - wait - feel the healing taking place- feel the pain- and notice the difference and give thanks for each small step I get to take along the way-- So - not much human contact yesterday -- well there was some-- and how happy I get for that visit- like a visit from an angel- one of the high points of the day -- but that visit- that visit with such little human contact yesterday - that visit was with a couple of people- one of those people had been here right with me all day- a child had been here all day with me in Jesus-- so that human contact -- well they got to visit with Jesus too- so -- not much human contact yesterday -- that’s not really true at all!

Prayer- Lord Jesus- you are so near to me each day - right here with me- in your own time - in your own space - in your own way - you reach out and touch and heal - as I reach out to feel the edge of your cloak - send your healing power - renew my body - but more importantly renew my soul- bring your healing to all those in need- all those sick - all those in hospitals who wait and wait and feel that slow healing power of change you have given to them - let all savor this healing - this change of life- this love you have to offer - this slow change from death to life in you - you are God - you are the great healer- you are to be praised- you are the creator of life and love-- send me out today -- however you choose to speak your words of healing to all I meet- to show them the love you have to give - to show them the way to receive your gracious gift of everlasting life. You are God! - You are the Great Healer --- Thanks be to God! -- Amen

 

 

No comments: