Thursday, June 02, 2005

June 2nd People-Reflection

Thursday 6/2/2005

Romans 8 - Obey the Spirit instead of my own desires-God sets free

1 Samuel 17.1-54 - God saves Israel through David’s defeat of Goliath

Psalm 62 - Only God can save me, and I calmly wait for him.

Psalm 50.7-15 - Hear, O my people, and I will speak

Philippians 4.4-7 - Rejoice and Pray

Psalm 5 - O LORD, in the morning your hear my voice

So last night I saw some children at Zion sing Bible stories- this they will remember- then when the read the Bible - all those songs will come to mind- what a wonderful way to teach the Bible- it sticks- it sticks so much better than memorization -- and as they sang- I could see the Spirit of God - giving them enthusiasm -- that’s what I need to have in my relationship with God! -- I need to get off my own selfish desires and have that enthusiasm with God- that set free gift God has given that takes me beyond my desires to the heart of God- see how David had that trust and God’s enthusiasm and God used him to defeat Goliath- God can and will save me -- but sometimes I need to calmly wait-- in that confidence that I have a God that saves- and while I wait - I will listen- I will rejoice and pray and make each moment a communion with God-- isn’t that what those children were doing last night? - they were in communion with God- living their faiths enthusiastically and showing us old folks how to respond to God’s love- in trust-hope and faith -- God really spoke through those kids last night - to the music and delight of my ears and heart and soul.

Prayer - Lord - open my eyes today to see and hear your message- teach me your ways and give me understanding and your love so deep to enthusiastically take to your kingdom- Show me those who you wish to touch and touch through me. As I rejoice in you - I pray to you - forgive me - lead me - guide me and let’s play in your kingdom like a couple of enthusiastic friends. -- Amen

No comments: