Thursday, June 23, 2005

June 23rd People Reflection

Thursday 6/23/2005
Mark 6.30-56-Jesus teaches then feeds the thousands- prays on the
mountain- walks on water-heals the sick
2 Samuel 16-David?s kingdom has collapsed- but God?s kingdom will
prevail
Daniel 10.1-11.1-Devine intervention into history-guardian angels-God
has a plan
Jeremiah 28.5-9-Then the prophet spoke- in the presence of the priests
Philippians 2.5-11-Every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord to the
glory of the Father
Psalm 9.1-10-I will tell of all your wonderful deeds

Yesterday- travel ? travel- travel?But as you go you can?t help but to
look around- yea- there seems to be one constant commercial of
billboards and advertisements- advertisements of all kinds from
peaches, pecans to naked women?you name it ? I think you can find it
on the road on some sign along the way- even advertisements for what
someone thinks God has to say about life- God billboards- no kidding-
but do I need an advertisement- a billboard to figure out what God has
to say?- I really don?t think God speaks to me that way- I can also
look at all the life I am surrounded with- the differences in the
earth- from red clay to sand- the trees- they turn from evergreens to
palm trees- all sorts of vegetation- then there are all the people I
am surrounded with- most are all driving- some working- some moving
about from place to place and others on vacation too?I can see how
Jesus thought the people were like lost sheep- he had compassion on
them- fed them with understanding and took care of their personal
needs of hunger as well- yea- from the car I was in while traveling
yesterday- the world looks pretty confusing if you just go by those
billboards- I would say we were lost sheep- but look and listen real
close- there in all this hustle and bustle of people is a God- present
and in the middle of the crowd- just as Jesus was in the middle of the
crowd- just as God was with David in all the confusion of the Kingdom
of Israel- who is the real King- David?- His son Absolom?-
Miphibosheth??I think if I look around ? I can really see the King-
it?s the one that is with all of us even in this confusing world- even
in this earthly kingdom that has been screwed up by human sin- God is
the king ? so what?- what?s the point of any of it?- I can see that
somewhere in all this confusion of advertisements on billboards that
there is a God in control ? God has a plan ? God will make sense ?
even of the billboards that give his message- and what am I to do? ?
well- I think God would have me tell of his wonderful deeds- not put
people on guilt trips like the billboards of God try to do- but tell
of his wonderful deeds- God acts- We respond- God calls ? We respond-
and what a story to tell- God sent his Son to earth to die for our
sins- to die for our confusion- this Son gave his life- I will tell
the message- I will tell of God?s wonderful deeds and praise his name-
not on some billboard- but face to face with God?s children- I know
I?ll meet some of his children today- I know there will be some
searching for joy in what they do rather than finding joy in what God
has already done?that?s the message- the joy is in what God has
already done- not eating peaches, pecans or looking at naked women?did
God speak yesterday? ? yes!- not in the billboards though- but in the
grace of his actions through his Son ? It?s time to go tell of his
wonderful deeds.

Prayer- Lord- thanks for you ? thanks for your saving grace- thanks
for your forgiveness- forgive me again today- I get caught up in it- I
get caught up in those billboards of life and need your forgiveness-
lead me today to see the real joy that is in what you have already
done- that is in your acts- that is in your deeds- you are wonderful ?
let my joy for you shine forth this day ? let my joy shine forth as I
celebrate the life you give me- as I celebrate time with others today
while on vacation- renew me- but most of all renew my spirit in and
through you and guide me away from the false thoughts that I can renew
myself by what I do- it?s all about what you do and mostly about what
you have already done! ? You are God! --- Amen

No comments: