Saturday, June 11, 2005

June 9 People Reflection

Thursday 6/9/2005

Romans 14-Whether we live or die it must be for God - not for ourselves

 

1 Samuel 26-David once again has a chance to kill Saul but spares his life

 

Psalm 69-Save me God! - I am about to drown!

 

Exodus 19.2-8a-Hear God speak and respond

 

Luke 23.33-49-Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom

 

Psalm 116-Call to the LORD when in pain - and walk before the LORD in the land of the living

 

A prayer yesterday - a time to talk - a time to share stories and a prayer. I see God in all the prayers. He listens- He speaks- sometimes he speaks through noises around me- not really noises- maybe really music- like birds- noises of wood chippers- sounds of traffic- wind blowing through trees- maybe God just whispers an idea into my ear- I sit with a prayer partner and we share stories- we share struggles- we share tons of blessings and thanksgivings God has given us- we share even pains that seem to turn out for good somehow- we share lives- we share concerns for safety on the job - we share lives-- but we also share another life in common to both of us-- that life of Jesus Christ- that love that Jesus showed us- that ministry and healing so precious to both of us that hope would be lost without his love-- we share a life- that life of Jesus- somehow present with us- present with us listening in on the conversation and many times speaking through to each one of us - through each one of us- all you have to do is stop and listen - Jesus is there- so personal - so comforting and so real- A prayer yesterday with my prayer partner- can a partner be more than one? -- I think so - I know so - Without a doubt! -- A prayer yesterday - a time to talk - a time to share stories and a prayer- a time to share life- a time to share a life ----Thanks be to God!

 

Prayer- Lord - look at those readings you gave me today- thank you for your message- thank you for hearing my prayers- thank you for time to pray - for someone to pray with - for fellowship- for the communion you bring to our souls- look at those readings above- I call to you in pain and you let me walk in the land of the living- thank you for prayers that transcend this physical world - this physical body into your kingdom - look at those readings you gave me today - I hear you speaking - I will respond with the love of your children- just as I know you will remember me when you come into your kingdom -- I want to live and walk in your kingdom- whether I live or die it will be for you - not for me-- look at those readings you gave me today- I give you thanks and praise for your Word made flesh - Thanks be to God! --- Amen

No comments: