Monday, June 06, 2005

June 5 People Reflection

Sunday 6/5/2005

Romans 11.1-24 - Through the Jews - God gave us life

1 Samuel 20 - Jonathan proves to be a true friend of David

Psalm 65 - God is gracious and bountiful in blessing us

Matthew 9.9-13,18-20 - Jesus calls and heals people we least expect

Luke 1.39-45 - God fulfills what he speaks

Psalm 24 - Let the King of Glory come in

A couple of firemen entered my life yesterday -- they came to help me- they came to rescue me - they came to deliver me- I couldn’t move - I couldn’t even bend my knee- and the pain was terrible- I needed to go to the hospital to have my leg checked for blood clots - the firemen came-- yes - I had to put forth a lot of effort to move out -- but they were there to help- guide - assist and move me from one place to another- no one else could do this - it took my strength - the strength of a couple firemen and the aid of my son to move me up some steps and out to the hospital. So in a sense through these firemen God moved me-- sustained me - allowed me to move on in healing- they proved to be good friends- friends in my time of need -- God sent them as blessings into my life-- sent them to aid in the healing power that I slowly get and to assure that things just don’t get worse than they are- to put me back on track - to stop my foolish ways- I knew God sent these firemen - when we arrived at the hospital -- my date of birth was given as June 22 1956 the year of our Lord-- now why would he say that? -- no one says that anymore- but this guy stated it that way -- making my birth - my individuality a connection with God - with Jesus actually -- what a nice connection - especially when I was at a low point and needed a boost -- so God came to me yesterday in a couple of firemen and the help of my son -- next time they come to the door -- fling open the door -- that the King of
Glory may come in -- you may see God in the unexpected.

Prayer- Lord - be with those this day that have the job of rescue- be with the ones who have to go beyond doors not knowing what they may find- give them boldness- faith - and courage to witness to your love- to comfort the sick - to have compassion on your people - where they are. Bless each one of them this day and lead and guide us all in your love. --- Amen

No comments: