Thursday, January 11, 2007

January 11th Daily Word and Visions from God

Luke 10.21-42-"Blessed are the eyes which see the things you see, for I say to you, that many prophets and kings wished to see the things which you see, and did not see them, and to hear the things which you hear, and did not hear them."
Genesis 18-Now the LORD appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre...
Psalm 11-In the LORD I take refuge...
Isaiah 62.1-5-...So your God will rejoice over you.
---
Sometimes it seems this phone may be attached to Stephanie's ear. But when Dad or Mom calls the phone is nowhere to be found. I guess it all depends though. Depends on what our needs are. When in distress, Mom and Dad will always be there. When not in distress, friends can bring happiness and joy. Jesus is both however. A friend and a person to turn to in times of distress. I need to see Jesus around me every day. He is present after all. I just need to open my eyes and see. See and hear Him. I don't need to be a king or prophet to see and hear Jesus. I can just be me and there He is. I can turn around and bump right into Him anytime of day. And the Lord appears. The Lord I can take refuge in. The Lord who rejoices over me even in the midst of struggle. And I will rejoice over Him and His daily presence day by day. Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, I speak to you and ask for your protection and care this day. ---Amen

No comments: