Tuesday, January 16, 2007

January 16th Daily Word and Visions from God

Luke 13.1-17-And He laid His hands on her; and immediately she was made erect again and began glorifying God.
Genesis 23-So the field and the cave that is in it, were deeded over to Abraham for a burial site by the sons of Heth.
Psalm 16-Preserve me, O God, for I take refuge in You.
1 Corinthians 1.3-17-For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel, not in cleverness of speech, so that the cross of Christ would not be made void.
---
As soon as my feet hit the floor in the morning, these guys are up to take my place. I guess it is so much better than the floor. They take my place and make themselves at home while I prepare and greet the new day. When Jesus healed the woman on the Sabbath, he got into trouble with the religious leaders of the day. He healed her and she was made erect again. Prepared to meet and greet a new day. Jesus brought and freely gave a new life to this woman and changed her life forever. Every day Jesus does the same for you and me. Gives new life and permits us to prepare and greet a new day. Even in death we are given life. In Sarah's death, Abraham purchased a burial place. Probably at twice the cost. Abraham refused to bargain for this land. Tradition was that the land would be offered over priced and the two would haggle. But Abraham didn't haggle. Nor did he accept the land as a gift. He paid the price. So likewise, Jesus paid the price for my burial in his own death. Jesus bought the field for me and my life. In this I take my refuge. In this I can rest. In the price Jesus paid for my life I can greet a new day and proclaim the gospel of Christ. Day after day. Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, as I prepare for a new day, I greet you with joy and thanksgiving for all your blessings. Send me this day to proclaim your glories to all the earth. And grant the dogs a little comforting rest. ---Amen

No comments: