Tuesday, January 23, 2007

January 23rd Daily Word and Visions from God

Luke 18.1-17-"Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all."
Genesis 29.31-30.43-So he removed on that day the striped and spotted male goats and all the spotted female goats, every one with white in it, and all the black ones among the sheep, and gave them into the care of his sons.
Psalm 23-...my cup overflows.
Jeremiah 36.11-26-...the king cut it with a scribe's knife and threw it into the fire...
---
One of those dog toys that you put peanut butter or something inside. The dogs will spend hours working on getting at what is inside. It is a fun treat that exercises their gums also. It can quiet the whole house down at times and bring peace. God is like this too. A treat inside. Able to quiet a whole house down for hours and bring peace. In toys and in ways that make me like a child, I come to God. I come to God as a child looking for play. God never fails me. He sends me day after day into his Kingdom to play. Gives me the gifts and toys I need to play with and plays with me along the way. In Genesis Jacob took what would be the rejected goats and sheep and mated them that way. So what's the big deal. I can take the blessings God has given me and be joyful in them. Even if it is spotted goats or black sheep. God loves all the same. Can you see the treat of God's love inside the blessings he gives. The toys he gives us to play with have a treat inside. Given with a center of love. A center of a loving, saving, Messiah who causes my cup to overflow. The center of my toy overflows and makes me hunger for more. Makes me want to get at the center more and more. As I read and reflect the Word of God; I dare not cut off the Words to throw into the fire like the king in Jeremiah. But I cherish the Word and take joy in the treat in the center. Thanks be to God for toys with a treat in the center!
---
Lord, you are the center---you are my treat. ---Amen

No comments: