Saturday, January 13, 2007

January 13th Daily Word and Visions from God

Luke 11.29-54-"For just as Jonah became a sign to the Ninevites, so will the Son of Man be to this generation."
Genesis 20-But God came to Abimelech in a dream of the night, and said to him, "Behold, you are a dead man because of the woman whom you have taken, for she is married."
Psalm 13-But I have trusted in Your lovingkindness; my heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.
1 Corinthians 12.1-11-For even as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body, though they are many, are one body, so also is Christ.
---
This is the January picture on a calendar in my room. A beautiful blue fish. God sent a fish to rescue and save Jonah from his sinfulness. Jonah was running from God. Going the opposite direction God wanted him to go. Jonah was destined to die in the waters until God sent a fish to save Jonah and puke Jonah back into the mission God had intended Jonah to have. Jonah was to deliver a message to some people who were lost in their own sin. Tell them to turn around and take a different direction. Repent. Sound familiar? Sounds to me like John the Baptist. Sounds to me like the same message God was giving Jonah. Turn around and go the direction I choose for you. So God sent Jonah a fish to save him. Abimelech was destined for death if he took the married wife and sister of Abraham. But God sent a message to Abimelech and warned him. Turn around from this thought. I am dead also for my sins. I deserve the death that Abimelech was to get. I have sinned. Yet God sends a Son to save me from my death and sin. A Son to show me and tell me to turn around from sin and go the direction God chooses for me to go. To use the gifts God has given me in the body of Christ to tell the message of Jonah and John the Baptist. Turn from sin. Turn around and go God's direction. Yea--- God sends all of us a Son to save us. And I will turn around from the death I deserve and trust in God's lovingkindness and rejoice in God's salvation. Otherwise---I deserve death. Thanks be to God for sending his Son to rescue me from drowning in the waters of my sin and saving me with the waters of everlasting life in Jesus. Thanks be to God!
---
Lord, some days I'm drowning---send a fish or whatever---but most of all I praise you for sending your Son to save me. I love you Lord! ---Amen

No comments: